Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Big Bro in Iraq

So that is my big brother on the left. He is serving his 3rd tour for the Marines 2nd time in Iraq. He is company commander and is in charge of...well as he puts it..."I work 16 hours a day, relax for 1-2 and sleep for 6 or less on average. i have about 5 1/2 more months of that. I have 4 Battalion Commanders, 1 Regimental Commander, and numerous other folks in both the US and Iraq who require updates. I have 200 Marines and 10K Iraqi Civilians I look after, 3 Iraqi Security Force Units to partner with, Sheiks to deal with, local government to create from scratch, essential services to provide or get built, the local economy to kick start, and my sanity to maintain. "

He has been over there since April. And i have to say i miss him terribly. But pictures like this where i can see his face makes me feel better and closer to him.

i have not been a very good sister and have not written, the old fashion way, yet but i am in the procces. who knew that hand writing a letter could take so long.

But am a very proud of my brother. He is brave, strong and the smartest guy i know.

I love you Christopher!!! I miss you!!!

1 comment:

kcolquitt said...

hey- my cousin eric terhune is over there too, also a marine. maybe they're buds!